Over the past three years, the actor has completely taken over the ad space, promoting everything from Mint Mobile to his own brand Aviation Gin.
If it seems like every other commercial you watch features Ryan Reynolds … it’s probably because it is. Over the past three years, the actor has completely taken over the ad space, promoting everything from Mint Mobile to his own brand Aviation Gin. And when it became clear that his methods were working, he launched his own Maximum Effort marketing business.
Ryan and his business partner George Dewey founded the company in 2018, shortly after the massive success of their “Deadpool 2” marketing campaign. The duo are moving away from traditional marketing tactics to play on cultural moments and forge partnerships. Deadpool, himself, has teamed up with companies like Trolli Candy, Loot Crate, 7-Eleven, Mike’s Harder beer, and even EspolÃ²n, a Mexican tequila company. On top of that, Deadpool slipped straight into pop culture, including an issue of Good Housekeeping, iconic movie DVD covers (which were actually sold in stores), and a Bob Ross-inspired promo video.
The tactic, which Ryan has now called âquick publicity,â is to treat real-time cultural moments as a springboard to build brand buzz. In 2019, the company did just that when it used the viral Peleton ad, where a man gifted his wife the bike for Christmas, as inspiration to promote Aviation Gin. Ryan recruited the actual publicity actress to participate in his new commercial, which saw the once worried woman spending an evening with friends while toasting to “new beginnings.”
âWe like to recognize and play with the cultural landscape and we thought it was a great opportunity to do something. You see how everything is dividing these days … but we figured we could do this commercial without contributing to that divide and not really vilifying anyone, just kind of commenting on the person and actress in it. ‘announcement. For us, it was obvious. It was great fun and it was rushed. We did it in 36 hours, “Ryan said on the”Today” Pin up.
Then, after years of success for Maximum Effort which saw Mint Mobile grow by over 50,000% and led to the $ 600 million sale of Aviation Gin, the company announced its merger with ad technology company MNTN. . IN 2021, the two groups joined forces in hopes of improving TV ads by making things “simpler, smarter, and open to more businesses.” And based on Ryan’s previous work, it’s safe to say he’s already definitely made commercials more enjoyable.
Here are some of Ryan’s best commercials to date …
1. Match Made in Hell for Match.com
2. Maximum Jackman for RM Williams ft. Hugh jackman
3. Ryan Reynolds Vasectomy for Aviation Gin
4. Higher level Reynolds for “free guy“
5. Dream job for Mint Mobile
6. Arlene’s big jump for aviation gin
7. A $ 500 advertisement for Mint Mobile
8. Nice Morning for Laughing Man Coffee ft. Hugh jackman
9. Ryan and Rick Moranis for Mint Mobile
10. Me and my Oscars for Oscar Mayer ft. Alfonso Ribeiro
11. Shoulder patties for Jack in the Box
12. American Gin for Aviation Gin
13. Bitcoin DocuMintary for Mint Mobile
14. Contextual advertising for “6 Underground“/ Samsung / Aviation Gin
15. The World’s Expectation for Heinz Ketchup ft. Alfonso Ribeiro