The name change is part of a larger system rebranding. The Kettering Health Network announced on Monday that it had shortened its name to Kettering Health and renamed the majority of its hospitals in the region.
Some of the renowned facilities, like Grandview, are older than Kettering Health and date back almost a century, founded decades before they were acquired by the hospital network.
In 1999, Kettering Medical Center Network came together, bringing together Grandview, Southview, Sycamore and Kettering Medical Centers under one name and a religious commitment – with Kettering Medical Center as the flagship product and later through a new development or a new acquisition, Greene Memorial (2008), Fort Hamilton Medical Centers (2010), Care (2012) and Troy (2019).
To exploreLocal hospitals get new names as part of Kettering Health rebranding
Grandview Hospital was founded in 1926 by doctors Heber Dill, William Gravett and Frank Dilatush to practice osteopathic medicine, the Dayton Daily News previously reported.
The original location was a two-story house on West Second Street in Dayton called the Miami Clinic. It was renamed Dayton Osteopathic Hospital.
Having exceeded its space after two decades, a new 65-bed hospital on Grand Avenue was opened in 1947.
To exploreOhio reports 1,400 cases daily, nearly double Monday’s amount
The new hospital was the first in Dayton to have a âroom inâ plan. Newborns were able to stay in the room with their mothers instead of a crib.
In 2013, Grandview Medical Center dedicated a $ 40 million, 70,000 square foot five-story patient tower and west wing expansion. A new main entrance, same-day access to surgery, new pre and postoperative units, a kitchen that accommodates room service, a dining room and two additional floors to house private patient rooms were also part of the plans. works.
The hospital underwent another expansion in 2018, prompted by the closure of the nearby Good Samaritan Hospital. The expansion included the doubling of the emergency department.
Grandview Medical Center is one of the largest osteopathic community teaching hospitals in the United States.
Names of Kettering Health hospitals
- The Fort Hamilton hospital is now called Kettering Health Hamilton.
- The Grandview Medical Center is now called Kettering Health Dayton.
- The Greene Memorial Hospital is now the Kettering Health Greene Memorial.
- The Kettering Behavioral Medicine Center is now the Kettering Behavioral Health Medical Center.
- Kettering Medical Center is now the main campus of Kettering Health.
- Southview Medical Center is now called Kettering Health Washington Twp.
- Sycamore Medical Center is now called Kettering Health Miamisburg.
- The hospital in Troy is now called Kettering Health Troy.
- The Soin Medical Center will retain its current name, as the facility was named after the important donation of the Soin family.