Sam’s Club Plus members are rewarded twice when they buy from within the club
BENTONVILLE, Ark. and PURCHASE, NY and STAMFORD, Connecticut, January 27, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Sam’s Club, (NYSE: WMT), Synchrony (NYSE: SYF), a leading consumer financial services company, and Mastercard, (NYSE: MY), a global payments technology company, today announced a new Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program that offers additional value for cardholders, from expanded rewards to digital enhancements. The card program is an essential tool for everyone Sam’s club More members that maximizes savings and responds to constantly changing consumer buying habits.
Sam’s Club, Synchrony and Mastercard give More members a total of up to 5% return on qualifying Sam’s Club purchases.
Here is how it works: More members using their Sam’s Club Mastercard earn 3% return on club purchases; they earn extra 2% return of their More membership for a total of up to 5%. (Each program is operated and managed independently *). That’s more value than any other credit card can ever offer at Sam’s Club. For More members looking to grow their money, there’s no better credit card on the market today.
Cardholders can take advantage of these new benefits and features:
- More value: 3 + 2 = 5: More Members earn 3% on qualifying purchases when making purchases in the club or digitally through Sam’s Club when using their Sam’s Club Mastercard and another 2% of their More membership, for a total of up to 5% in rewards on qualifying purchases.
- Savings: For daily qualifying purchases, the credit card offers 5% cash back on fuel anywhere (up to $ 6,000), 3% cash back on meals and take out, and cash back 1% cash back on all other qualifying purchases.
- Less contacts: As consumers seek ways to transact without touching cash, cards or keyboards, Synchrony has enabled Sam’s Club to have contactless technology, including the integration of Sam’s Club Scan & Go patented solution, both in club and at the pump.
- Mobile first and foremost: Sam’s Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts through the Sam’s Club mobile app enabled by the Synchronization plug-in (‘SyPi’).
- Digitized awards: No more paper checks! Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future online and club purchases, or redeemed for cash back.
- Apply with ease: Members can apply for the Sam’s Club Mastercard within the club and through digital channels including customer service, point-of-sale (including Scan & Go), the Sam’s Club mobile app, SamsClub.com, SMS and online. self-service. activated with Synchrony’s patent pending dApply technology, APIs and the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
“We’re always looking for ways to provide our members with a better experience, including ways to help them save money and earn rewards. This new Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program builds on Sam’s Club as a critical business during the pandemic where we saw sales increase by millions of transactions per week. More than ever, our members need savings. They now have a new tool in their toolbox to make their money go further, ”said Tony Rogers, Senior Vice President and Director of Membership, Sam’s Club.
“The new Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program is for members who want to get the most out of every club visit, simply by purchasing what they need every day,” said Tom Quindlen, Executive Vice President and CEO of Retail Card, Synchrony. “Our nearly three-decade relationship, steeped in co-innovation, continues to help provide cardholders with the benefits they deserve and the products they need.
“Mastercard believes in putting the customer first and helping them find the most value in the products and services they use every day,” said Kush Saxena, executive vice president, US Merchants and Acceptance, MasterCard. “The Sam’s Club Mastercard rewards program offers a competitive value proposition, unlocking the extensive benefits and instant savings consumers deserve on their daily expenses. “
Cardholders can access rewards digitally every February. Rewards can be received as cash back and can be used at any Sam’s Club in the US or online.
The new cardholder benefits will take effect on January 27, 2021. The new credit card design will be available in March 2021.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a premier warehouse club delivering premium products, savings and service to millions of members at nearly 600 clubs across the United States and Puerto Rico. Now in its 38th year, the Sam’s Club continues to redefine warehouse shopping with its exquisite assortment of high-quality fresh food and Member’s Mark items, in addition to cutting-edge technologies and services like Scan & Go, Curbside Pickup and home delivery service in markets. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit Sam’s Club press room, shop on SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) is a leading consumer financial services company. We offer a wide range of specialized financing programs, as well as innovative banking products for consumers, in key industries including digital, retail, home, automotive, travel, health and animals. of company. Synchrony allows our partners to increase their sales and retain consumers. We are one of the largest private label credit card issuers in the United States; we also offer co-branded products, installment loans, and consumer finance products for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as healthcare providers.
Synchrony is changing what’s possible with our digital capabilities, deep industry expertise, actionable data insights, seamless customer experience, and personalized financing solutions.
For more information visit www.synchrony.com and Twitter: @Synchrony.
About Mastercard (NYSE: MY)
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our business. With connections in more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that opens up invaluable possibilities for all.