If you made a mistake in your National Identity Number (NIN) or if you need to update your data due to your marital status and you don’t know what to do, follow the guide here if you want to solve it.
Reason for changing NIN data
Here are the main reasons why you might want to change your national identity number data:
Change of phone number
level of education
Main requirements necessary if you want to change your data
1. Original copy of the first NIN slip issued to you
2. Printing the Remita Recovery Reference Number (RRR) that you paid on remita
Does the NIN have an expiration date? Find out all the questions and answers you need to know urgently
3. Application letter signed by you for the change you wish to make to your data
For a name change, you must present the following documents:
4. Affidavit under oath
5. Diary excerpt
6. Marriage certificate (for married women)
For a change of address, you must present the following:
7. Utility bill
8. Rental agreement
9. Bank statement
10. Community Leader Certification
Change of phone number:
11 Police Report
For level of education
12. Present the recent Certificate obtained;
change of job,
13. Letter of offer from your employer.
How much does NIN name change cost?
The cost of name NIN correction is N500 on the official NIMC portal.
NIMC correction of date of birth: N15,000
1. Locate the NIMC office near you with required documents including printout of Remita Recovery Reference Number (RRR)
2. Request a data modification form and complete it
Easy steps to link your NIN to MTN, Glo and Airtel SIM cards while 72 million subscribers can’t make calls
3. Submit to a registration agent to double-check supporting documents to ensure everything is correct
4. Your pre-filled information will be entered into the NIMC software by the registration agent.
5. You will be asked to double check the information you provided to avoid any errors.
6. Your biometric data will be captured
7. A transaction identification slip will be printed and given to you
8. You will need to submit the old Slip NIN to the NIMC office
9. You will be told when to return to the NIMC office for your NIN slip.
NIN-SIM Link: 72 million subscribers groan over blocked lines as number of telcos loses
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that telecom companies in Nigeria were being hit hard due to the disconnection of over 72 million telephone lines in Nigeria on Monday, April 4, 2022.
Losses are in the billions of naira, according to telecom experts who said the biggest losers from the government directive are telecom operators.
Businesses depend on airtime sales for their revenue and the directive is a direct blow to their primary source of revenue.