Valorant is a game built on multiplayer elements and talking to your teammates, but if you want to change your name in the game, can you?
Your first choice as a Riot Games player is choosing your username, and sometimes you just might not be making the right decision right now!
Here’s everything you need to know about changing your Riot ID / username / name in Valorant.
So you’ve decided that “n00b_destroyer4132” will be your Valorant username and the name you want to associate with your epic in-game conquests.
Fast forward and you’ve now decided that maybe this isn’t quite the name you want to keep, but luckily, Valorant has the option for players to change their username.
We’ve put together a comprehensive guide on how to change your username in Valorant and save some of that embarrassment!
Read more: Valorant: How to Reduce Your Reticle Size (Complete Guide)
How can I change my username in Valorant?
Here’s how to change your nickname in Valorant:
- Go to the official Riot Games website and sign in with your Riot account
- Once logged in you will see your existing username in the upper right corner
- Click on your existing username, then click Settings
- When you can see the Settings window, click on the selection that reads Riot ID
- Locate the pen icon next to your existing username, then click on it
- Enter a new name for your Riot ID
- Click on submit to confirm the change of your name Valorant
Read more: Valorant: How can I refund skins? (Complete guide)
Keep in mind that you can only change your Riot ID every 30 days, so make sure you’re happy with your new name choice before you hit submit!
You will also not be able to choose a username that is already in use. Riot Games actually had to revamp their account management system prior to the release of Valorant in 2020 as this was a persistent issue with other Riot IPs.
If you decide you don’t like your new Riot ID, you’ll have to wait a month before you can change it again.
Read more: Valorant: How to unlock all agents?
Enter the October contest to win an Xbox Series S
You can find all the latest gaming news here on GiveMeSport.
News Now – Sports News