(NEXSTAR) – We all think our favorite pizzeria is the best. But, apparently, most of us are wrong.
In honor of National Pizza Day, Yelp released a list of the nation’s “100 Best Places for Pizza” to highlight some of the best restaurants and slice shops from coast to coast. Pizza places in dozens of states have made the cut, which means there’s something for almost everyone to enjoy — and plenty for the rest of us to discuss.
Topping the list this year is Cheese Board Pizza, an offshoot of a popular bakery/cheese shop in Berkeley, CA. The pizzeria, which specializes in vegetarian-only sourdough crust pizzas, currently boasts a four-and-a-half-star rating on Yelp based on more than 5,500 reviews. (Not bad for a pizzeria that’s only open nine hours a week.)
NYC’s Prince Street Pizza took second place for its pepperoni-covered square slices, followed by Smiling With Hope Pizza in Reno, an East Coast-style pizzeria that trains and employs employees with developmental disabilities.
The top 25 pizza places on Yelp’s list are included below. The full 100 ranking, based on Yelp community ratings and reviews, can be found on the Yelp blog.
- Cheese Platter Pizza – Berkeley, CA
- Prince Street Pizza – New York, New York
- Pizza smiling with hope – Reno, Nevada
- Home Slice Pizza – Austin, TX
- Ciao! Pizza and Pasta – Chelsea, Massachusetts
- At Juliana’s – Brooklyn, New York
- Bronx Pizza – San Diego, CA
- Joe Benny’s – Baltimore, Maryland
- Charcoal Fired Pizza – Chicago, Illinois
- 786 degrees – Los Angeles, California
- The Pizzeria Industry – Brooklyn, New York
- The Gypsy Poet – Houston, Texas
- Crust Brothers Pizza – Scottsdale, Arizona
- Golden Boy Pizza – San Francisco, California
- Zachary’s Chicago Pizza – Oakland, CA
- Saverio’s Authentic Pizza Napoletana – Massapequa, New York
- Fahrenheit Pizza & Brewhouse – Asheville, NC
- Pinky’s Pizza – Portland, Oregon
- Little Star Pizza Divisadero – San Francisco, CA
- Zeneli Pizzeria & Cucina Napoletana – New Haven, Connecticut
- Moose Tooth – Anchorage, Alaska
- Rubirosa – New York, New York
- Dixie Pizza Wagon – Hurricane, Utah
- Domenick & Pia Pizzeria – Waterbury, Connecticut
- Toni’s Detroit Style Pizza – Mount Pleasant, Connecticut
Alongside their listing, Yelp also announced plans to hire a “Chief Pizza Officer” for a six-month gig that involves “spreading their love for pizza and sharing the latest pizza trends with the Yelp community.” . The chosen CPO will also receive $25,000 to continue their “pizza education” across the United States.